Sunday, January 21, 2024

Embracing Classic Italian Wine While Becoming Your Authentic Self

ed. note: Alfonso is out on medical leave and he is letting one of the young’uns take the reins of the blog until he comes back.

What a kick, it’s 2024! If not now, when? I will make this the year I become the most authentic me I can be. I will curate myself to a more genuine person. And along with that I will embrace classic Italian wine culture. No more orange wine, no more col fondo. Arrivederci, Etna. Hello Tuscany!

Yes, this will be the year, for me, when we go all resto-mod with Italian wine. I want to embrace the tried and true, not the trite and banal fashion imperatives of my ever so au courant contingent. I’m stoked! 2024 is gonna be such a bitchin’ ride! It’ll be the most sui generous saga I’ve been looking to broker, all my short-lived life - I’m ready and raring to go!! On my way to being an epic polyhistor!!


I will start, like I said, in Tuscany, and figure I can conquer Chianti, Brunello and Super Tuscans in a few weeks. Purple reign! Then I will “move on up” to Piedmont and give it a month, to audit all the necessary appellations, from Barolo to Barbaresco to Gattinara. I’m sure I can absorb all I need to know to become a classic guy – a Classic-Gaia kind of guy.

I got my CMS and IWA back home during Covid, so I am well qualified to reach into my inner depths of intellectual pursuit to be able to show you the best me I can be when it comes to Italian wine. In fact, I’ll do you one even further – I will be the youngest James Suckling/Ian D’Agata/Antonio Galloni in Italian history. I will out science Dr. Scienza and out wine Dr. Wine – this is my solemn promise to my world, who expects none the less from me. I can do this! I will do this! In fact, in my head I’m already there. Est! Est!! Est!!!

All I need to do is to get my passport, as soon as my probation ends. Count on it – Consider it done! I will embrace all things classic in the world of Italian wine and wine expertise. Cin! Cin!! Cin!!!


What a kick!!!

wine blog +  Italian wine blog + Italy W
Real Time Analytics