Friday, March 18, 2011

Thissur Pooram and Italy at 150 years: Something Worth Celebrating

My dear friends at Querciavalle celebrated the 150 years of Italian unity over a classic plate of pasta that mamma made. I have watched this winery pass from generation to generation (three now) in my short time knowing and loving these people.

Valeria writes, "Per celebrare i 150 anni, la famiglia Losi ha pranzato con delle belle tagliatelle fatte in casa,basilico, ricotta e pomodorini e ha brindato con un buon Chianti Classico Querciavalle 2007."

Valeria Losi sent me these pictures via Facebook. To me this is one of the triumphs of unity, something I would like to see more in America. Beautiful, traditional food, with beautiful, traditional wine made by beautiful, traditional people.


Unfortunately I am going over an “Italian” wine list that consists of Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Merlot, Malbec, Cabernet, Pinot Noir, a smattering of Chianti, and that’s about it.

Just in case I was on a high horse from Aldo Vacca’s recent trip to Texas, this one threw me to the ground and reminded me of where I am. Back to square one. Everyday. The life of sales. So it goes.

Happy weekend y’all. I'm heading to India ( if only in my mind...) to celebrate Thissur Pooram and hang out with the holy elephants in Kerala...

Mama don't take my Kodachrome away

Real Time Analytics