Monday, February 25, 2008
To the Moon, Alice
From the Beverage News Satellite
Effective April 1, 2008, a large non-alcoholic beverage company will increase the list prices on their "entire International brand portfolio due to various factors impacting the cost of doing business internationally:
• Raw material increases, particularly European glass procurement.
• Increased drayage and trucking costs including fuel prices.
• Increase in the costs of procuring containers due to the worldwide shortage.
• Increase in costs associated with Homeland Security post-9/11 compliance.
• Expansion of number of US Port warehouses."
This is also happening with wine, folks. Fasten your seat belts. Hold on tight. More to come.
Posted by Alfonso Cevola at 7:10 PM